27 Apr Through My Window Photography Contest
TheTOP@Komtar invites you to join an exciting new contest, “Through My Window”! With your camera, experience all the visual splendors that George Town, Penang has to offer by capturing unforgettable moments and views from TheTOP@Komtar! All you have to do is capture the most creative aerial view of George Town from Level 65 or Level 68 of Komtar and submit the to us!
A panel of judges will select the winning photographs. The winners will be rewarded with prize money, a public exhibition on Level 65, and some exclusive Canon goodies such as the EOS M10, PowerShot SX620 HS and IXUS 190 cameras! So what are you waiting for? Don’t miss this chance to showcase George Town through your window!
Terms & Conditions
- The competition commences at 9am on 1 May 2017 and concludes at 5pm on 30 July 2017. Late or incomplete Entry or Entries deemed incomprehensible by the Judging Panel will be deemed invalid.
- Photo captions must accompany all submissions, and should include the subject of the image, and the name of the photographer(s). Please clearly label in digital caption information to assist judges in determining eligibility.
- Eligible participants may submit up to 3 entries.
- Each photo must be submitted electronically via the online submission form.
- To ensure eligibility for the contest, all entries must have a resolution of 6 million pixels or greater (6 megapixels) to be made available upon request. Images that do not meet this standard can still be judged, but might not be honored by the competition (at the judges’ sole discretion) if the photographer is unable or unavailable to provide the proper resolution when asked. Resolution can be calculated by multiplying the pixel width of the image with the pixel height. For example, a photograph taken with a 6-megapixel camera set for the highest resolution and best quality produces images approximately 2832 pixels by 2128 pixels, which are acceptable under the rules (2832 x 2128 = 6 million).
- The maximum file size for upload will be limited to 5 MB (megabytes).
- Winners that is selected by the Judging Panel will be announce on 14 August 2017 via The TOP’s social media.
- All decisions by the Judging Panel are final. The Judging Panel will not enter into any discussions or correspondence regarding any decision in relation to the final decision. No feedback will be provided on unsuccessful Entries.
- By submitting a photo and taking part in the competition, all participants agrees that (1) the photo they have submitted may be published from time to time, free of charge, in one of several of Malaysian media publications and online and printed publications of The TOP and CANON Marketing Malaysia; and (2) the Photo is the Entrant’s original work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity. Finalists will be duly attributed as the photographer of the entry in any publication.
- By submitting a photo and taking part in the competition, the Finalists thereby grants to The TOP and CANON Marketing Malaysia a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, publish, adapt and communicate the Photo anywhere in the world.
- The Winners will be notified on a confidential basis by telephone or email prior to the public announcement of the winners. The Winners must keep confidential the fact that their photo has been selected as the winning entry until the public announcement.
- Copies of the Entries submitted will not be returned to entrants.