Penang Happenings | Penang State Museum
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-15551,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-10.1.1,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.0.1,vc_responsive

Penang State Museum


The Penang State Museum was built under the supervision of Captain Robert Smith (the Royal Engineer) back in 1816. The building was donated by the East India Company, and was intended to be used as an education centre. Subsequently, the building housed the Penang Free School (1821 – 1927) as well as the Hutchings School (1928 – 1960). In 1964, the Penang State Museum and Art Gallery was established, with its official opening held on 14th April 1965 by Penang’s first Governor, Yang AmatMuliaTun Raja Uda bin Raja Muhammad

Where to find

Address:  Farquhar Road | Lebuh Light, Penang Island 10200, Malaysia

Contact: +604-261 3144