09 Jan WRITE FOR US
If you’ve got an idea of a great article about Penang that you would like to share to our readers, we want to hear about it! Share with our readers a fresh perspective about Penang that has been keeping you up at night. Once accepted, you will work closely with our team of editor on revisions. Your article will then be published across all our online platform to our readers who will read your work, you’ll also learn a few tips during the process—about communicating your ideas, about writing, and even about the topic you thought you already knew so well when you started.
What we’re looking for
Just submit a rough draft or a short pitch (a two paragraph summarizing your content idea) paired with an outline. The more complete your submission is, the better feedback we can give you. Keep in mind that we only accept original content—we do not publish anything that’s been published elsewhere.
Before you submit, look at our recent articles for insight into structuring and formatting your piece.
What we publish
We publish articles of anywhere between 600–2,000 words, depending on the subject. 1,000 words is about average. Articles often run with a image provided by us (subject to availability), you may also provide us with the image that you have on your own. Image provided must be in sizes below:
- 1200 x 800px (for cover photo)
- 860 x 350px or
- 430 x 350px
Articles may be casual in tone or rigorously structured and edited. All should be well-considered explorations of current and interesting topics about Penang.
How to submit (and what happens next)
Email us your submission. We prefer submissions in the form of Word document or PDF in order for our editors to easily provide feedback and guidance directly within your draft.
- Once a week our team will review your submission and determine whether it’s a potential fit.
- The editor will then collect the team’s feedback and get back to you with notes.
- Once you’ve addressed our comments, send your revised draft back for another round of review by the team.
- Once the article is accepted, we’ll schedule your article to be publish as soon as revisions are complete. We can’t give you a specific publication date until the article is almost ready to go live.